Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone has a safe night tonight.  We will be staying in and watching movies.  My eyelid has been twitching all day.  I started having that problem when I was in law school.  It's a definite sign of stress.  So many things are happening in the next month.  I've promised to blog about it, and I will - I just need to wait until 2011!

Overall 2010 has been a wonderful year - for obvious reasons.  The girls have dramatically changed our lives - for the better.  We have big things in store for 2011. 

Maggie finally said "mama" today.  As usual, she's the first!  Every time I start to worry about their development, they surprise me.  I was just discussing some of my concerns (including the fact that they aren't saying mama) with my best friend the other day.  In other news, I can see teeth just under Maggie and Izzy-B's gums.  They have both been a bit fussier than usual over the past couple of days - I guess that's why. 

I have decided not to have a new year's resolution.  I haven't had one in many years.  I think they are a trap for failure.  I do hope to be a better person in 2011.  I definitely don't think I've been a bad person, I just think we can ALL always improve in one way or another. 

Denver has been in a moderate drought this year.  We haven't had any measurable snow fall.  Finally, yesterday it snowed.  We have about 6 inches of snow at our house.  It's VERY cold outside.  We didn't get a white Christmas this year, but we have a beautiful white New Year.

Happy New Year to all, and cheers to a wonderful 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to all of you! Excited to hear what's in store for 2011! I'm so happy that Maggie said "mama." Enjoy it while it lasts. It doesn't take long before it turns into "Moooooooooommmmm"

    The eyelid twitch can also be an iodine deficiency. Try taking ground sea kelp tablets. Seth had 'the twitch' for 6 months and took one pill. Overnight the twitch was gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She said WHAT??? Wow, that's impressive! That's pretty rare for a baby under a year old! Neither of my older kids called me mama until they were almost 2. I think it was right around 20-21 months. They said a lot of other things, but never called me mama until then. You're one lucky "MAMA"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me clarily - she just said the sounds "mama." She wasn't referring to me in any way. Before she was only saying "dada." I certainly wouldn't call it her first word! I'm so excited for the day they do actually call me mama.

    ReplyDelete