Monday, December 20, 2010

Standing, Talking and Teeth!!

Wow - these last few days have been full of milestones.  I already reported that Katie and Maggie are pulling up to stand.  Maggie does it much more than Katie.  Izzy is still stuck on her knees.  I love this picture I took with my iPhone (sorry about the bad quality - Katie on the left; Maggie on the right):


When I brought this toy into the playroom, it took Maggie all of 5 seconds to crawl over and pull herself up to play with it.  Then after about 10-15 minutes she started screaming because she couldn't figure out how to get down.  I just put new batteries in this toy, but at about 1:30am, I kept hearing some weird music.  I thought it was Robin's cell phone.  It was the toy.  Was a ghost playing with it or did the batteries really go haywire that quickly?!?!

I've noticed what I think is enamel under Izzy's gums for quite some time now.  Still no teeth.  I was just checking again to see if she has cut a tooth because she has been crying a lot lately.  The white spot looks bigger, but no tooth.  So, I checked the other girls, and, to my surprise, Katie has a tooth!  It is just coming through her gums, but I can both feel it and see it.  I can't believe it!  She has been a bit fussy with her food lately, but that's it.  Amazing.  I can't get a picture of it just yet (at least not by myself).

The girls have been talking up a storm lately.  Maggie used to be the most talkative, but suddenly Izzy has a lot to say: da-da-blah-blah.  Here's a video of Izzy "talking" with Katie and Maggie playing with a step stool in the background (their OT/PT likes it to be in the playroom). 




Lastly, I cannot believe that we have not had any snow yet this year.  While it has actually snowed three times, the snow has been gone within a couple hours.  I truly cannot remember a year like this.  Frankly, I love it.  The mountains are getting pounded with snow, and we're having a lovely dry winter.  I could get used to this!  We hired someone to do some landscaping work and to fix and paint our deck this week.  Who would have thought we could do this type of work in late December.  We do have more sunny days in Colorado than in southern California, but this is just crazy!  I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it was Baba and Mitchell playing with the toy in the middle of the night! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It has been a really busy last few days! The video is so cute! So fun to see them all playing!

    ReplyDelete