Saturday, December 25, 2010

First Christmas

The girls' first Christmas was so much fun.  We didn't put up a tree this year or have any decorations for reasons I will explain in a later post.  Because of that, I'm not sure the girls really had any idea that anything was different.

We lined the girls up in their Bumbos so they wouldn't crawl away. 

First gift - I was so hopeful they would try to open them, but no such luck.

 I had to do the opening for them.

Pillow blankets!  Izzy-B got the giraffe.
 Katie was much more interested in the tag.  I guess that's why the tag says "Remove tag before giving to children."  Katie got the frog.


Maggie got the panda.
 
Second gift - books from Kelley and Dave!

 They weren't nearly as excited as I had hoped.

Next gift - jackets from grandma and grandpa!

Daddy with his girls.  Maggie is such a ham.

Grandma with Maggie.

Katie

Maggie

Izzy-B

Ohhh - what's next?

 Onesies?  Huh - I don't know about this.

Nonetheless - they're mine!  Hands off, Katie!

Grandpa Jack with his girls.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

My parents bought us three very nice car seats for the girls.  They are about to outgrow their infant seats, and we needed convertible ones.  The girls also got lots of clothes from grandma and grandpa.  They'll be looking super cute out on the town this Spring/Summer. 

We had a wonderful Christmas, and I hope you all did too!

2 comments:

  1. ooohh. So cute! New car seats are a GREAT gift! This totally brought back memories of G's first xmas. I had expectations that he was going to be totally into it and he had no clue what the big deal was! Don't worry - it doesn't take long to turn into a paper tearing frenzy! Merry xmas to the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful first Christmas! They just get better from here!

    ReplyDelete