Thursday, June 23, 2011

Katie's Trip to the Dentist

For about 3-4 months, Katie has only had 3 teeth on the bottom.  I've been worried about it - wondering if she is missing a tooth.  After talking with other moms in my multiples group, I decided to take all of the girls to the dentist.  I've heard mixed opinions about whether to go when they first get teeth or to wait until they're 2 or 3.  Because of the missing tooth issue, I decided to take them now.  I also decided it would be best to take them separately.  Today, Katie got to go.  Wouldn't you know it - just yesterday I realized that the "missing tooth" is coming in.  Oh  well - we went anyway.  The girls are on our dental insurance, so I'm not that worried about it.

Katie did really well.  She was very quiet and observant of everything going on in the waiting room.  I put her down, but she stood right by me the whole time.  When we went back to meet the dentist, she was very good.  She let the dentist look at her teeth without any complaints.  No problems with her teeth at all.  She now has 8 teeth including the one just coming in on the bottom.  Katie got three toothbrushes and a toy for being so good.  Maggie and Izzy-B have their appointments next month.

The dentist took and printed a picture of Katie's first visit - this was taken after the examination:


2 comments:

  1. Your makeup looks nice in this picture Stac.....Car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kinsley only has 3 teeth on the bottom! (out of the 4 that are supposed to be there..) :)

    I cant get over how big the girls are looking!

    ReplyDelete