Monday, June 27, 2011

Fro Yo

A new frozen yogurt place, Goozell, opened in Golden a few days ago.  Another frozen yogurt place is going to open in another month or so.  I don't think Golden is big enough for two, but we'll see.

After the girls ate dinner, we loaded them up in the Choo Choo wagon and headed to get some yogurt.  On our way, we walked along the path next to Clear Creek.  I cannot believe how high the water is.  It's almost over the bank in some areas.

I've never been to a self serve yogurt place before.  I know - where have I been?  I used to love to go to TCBY.  I'm sad that they have mostly gone out of business.  I think the only one left in Colorado is the one at the airport.  Anyway, I couldn't decide what flavor to get.  I finally settled on Cookies and Cream yogurt with some Oreos and bananas.  It was very delicious.  After we finished our yogurt, Robin found the sample cups.  Next time, we'll be getting the strawberry!!  The girls enjoyed it as much as we did!  Goozell even has a little kid play area with toys, books and little kid tables and chairs.  We didn't let the girls out of the wagon.  It's always a difficult decision to make.  We want to let them play, but it will be a screaming nightmare to get them back in the wagon.  Maybe next time.






When we left the house, I was worried that it would be closed - being after 7pm on a Sunday night.  They are open until 10pm Sunday - Wednesday and open until 11pm on Thursday - Saturday!  We might make this a weekly adventure.  The yogurt is a little expensive, but it was good!!

After the yogurt, Robin and I realized that we hadn't had any dinner yet, so we walked to Anthony's Pizza. We got another compliment about how good the girls are.  :-)  By the time we got home, it was nearly 8:30.  I had to fight off the mosquitoes as we walked along the creek on the way home.  They kept landing on the girls' faces.  Next time, I'll remember the Off.  The girls usually go to bed around 7pm, so they were out pretty quickly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment