Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Teasing

Every day I see changes in the girls' cognitive development.  Katie can now clap, and she can point to my nose when asked to do so.  When the OT was here today, Maggie clapped for the first time.  Over the last two weeks, I've noticed an amazing difference in the girls' awareness and interest in learning.  It's like a light bulb went off.  They love looking at books and listening to me read them or describe the animals and the sounds they make.  Katie was even trying to say duck yesterday.  I still cannot say that they have said their first true word.  I do not think they are saying any sounds to which they have assigned a specific meaning.  They say da da a lot, but I don't think they know who "da da" is.  Izzy-B was trying to say ball a few weeks ago though.

The interactions they have between one another are fascinating.  Tonight after they had their bottle, Robin had already taken Katie upstairs after her bath and I was preparing Maggie's bath (in the kitchen sink).  Izzy-B and Maggie were still in their high chairs.  Izzy-B took her bib off and was leaning over handing it to Maggie.  Finally Maggie reached over to grab it and Izzy-B pulled it away from her and started laughing.  Then she showed it to her again and then pulled it back and laughed.  This went on for a couple of minutes.  It was so adorable, and I really wanted to get a video of Izzy-B teasing Maggie, but I knew if I got the camera out, they would stop.  I wonder if they have their own language.  I'm sure they do, but I haven't figured it out yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment