Sunday, March 20, 2011

Push Toys, Time Outs and Sleep

Katie is so close to walking.  She'll stand independently for a couple of minutes.  She'll even eat her entire snack standing, but she just won't take that first step.  I've had this toy in the play area for awhile now, but it was in the "infant" position.  I changed it so it can be pushed.  Katie took to it immediately.  She actually walked with it first, but by the time I got out my iPhone, she wasn't into it anymore.  I guess she was being lazy:


After a few more tries, I got her to walk again. 



Maggie was in the downstairs play area, so she didn't get to try it today. Izzy-B would only do the knee-walking with it.  I wish we had more space in the play area. I'll take her outside to do this at some point.

Katie really likes to clap now.  She'll even do it when I ask her to (most of the time).  I finally feel like I have a connection with them.  They definitely understand what I'm saying.  Katie and Izzy-B definitely know what "no" means.  Izzy-B will get REALLY upset when you tell her no.  I'm not so sure about Maggie.  She's really good at just ignoring us.  She thinks "no" is funny, and she just keeps doing it.  I'm going to have a REALLY hard time with timeouts with her because she will not stay in one place.  I gave Izzy-B a mini-timeout today.  It was her and my first.  She stayed where I put her, and she was upset about it, but I think she knew exactly what was going on.  She was kicking me, and I warned her to stop.  She didn't, so she went right into timeout. 

For the first time in a really long time (like 6-8 months long), Katie wouldn't go to sleep.  She kept crying and crying.  I so wish she could just tell me what's wrong.  We each went in and rocked her once.  Then we let her cry it out.  It took about 20 minutes, but she finally went to sleep.  She doesn't have a temperature, so I wonder if she's getting another tooth.  None of them was fussy with the first "set" of teeth, so I just don't know what to expect as molars start coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment