Sunday, March 27, 2011

Learning to Adapt

Life with triplets is all about adapting.  From the moment I was told I was pregnant with triplets, I've been adapting - starting with my birth plan.  I'm most certainly someone who doesn't like change.  I like to know what's going to happen, and I like schedules. 

I'm proud of myself for embracing the change and adapting so easily.  Every month or so, the girls' schedule changes.  I have to learn to do things differently.  For example, now that they are almost off formula, I have to prepare meals and learn to serve them.  I generally hate the whole process.  I've never been someone who likes to cook, and I certainly don't like to clean up afterward.  Washing the highchair trays after every meal is such a tedious chore for me.  For a long time (um - up until this week), I was only feeding them one solid meal per day for the simple reason that I didn't want to clean up after more than one meal.  The time has come - I must, once again, adapt.

Today, the girls got to ride in their Choo Choo wagon for the first time!  I didn't go out with Robin on their walk this morning, but he said that they really enjoyed it.  We're now ready for the warm weather to arrive so we can go to the zoo and the Botanic Gardens. 


1 comment:

  1. AHHHH so cute! And I'm so glad you got one!! You'll never regret it. It's one of the best purchases we made and goes (almost) everywhere with us. Don't try to take it to Disneyworld though, they won't let you in LOL!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete