Sunday, August 1, 2010

Phases

It's amazing how quickly things change.  I see the girls every day, which generally means I wouldn't notice the changes as much.  But, I can see it!  They are more alert and interactive.  They love to hold their toys and play on the play gym.  Chronologically they are 5.5 months old, but their adjusted age is 3 months.  Some of their development is at a 3 month level (like their size) and some at a 5 month level.  It's really interesting to me, but it makes it hard to be signed up for development emails - like Baby Center - because they just don't fit in. 

They are all rolling over now, and they all prefer to sleep on their bellies.  This has been a problem for Katherine because she tends to spit-up and then put her face in it.  Sometimes it gets up her nose and in her eyes, and she generally has a rash on her face in the mornings.  I'm just not sure what to do about it.  I just keep reminding myself - Everything is a phase.  It might be a long phase (like the terrible 2's/3's), but it is nonetheless a phase.  Hopefully the spittiness will be a short lived phase. 

We moved all of the furniture out of our dining room yesterday to make a play area for the girls.  It's so nice to have them in a safe area.  Now I don't have to worry about them rolling around their room and under their cribs. 

Katherine has been trying to hold her bottle.  She always has her hands on it like she wants to hold it, but it's too heavy for her.  Tonight she held it for about 30 seconds when it was nearly empty.  Hopefully she'll master it soon, so I can feed all three of them at once.

I changed their feeding schedule again.  They're down to 4 feedings a day at 5 hour intervals - 6am, 11am, 4pm and 9pm.  They've been sleeping about 8.5 hours. 

We're so blessed.

1 comment: