Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh what a week

This has been quite a week, and it's not even over yet.  Monday started off great with our favorite chiropractor coming over to adjust the girls.  Margaret was a little less stiff for about 24 hours - I think she needs several more adjustments.  On Monday night, I went to the STORM dinner meeting, and I ended up volunteering to be the vice president.  This should be interesting....

Tuesday morning started off with a change in formula.  I was rudely awakened by Robin at about 6:30am asking for help to feed the girls because they weren't liking the new formula.  After getting them fed and going back to sleep, I got up to find out exactly how much Katherine didn't like the new formula.  I had to clean up my first ever blow-out diaper mess.  Wow - it stunk so bad and almost her entire onesie was wet with poo.  Poor girl.  This event resulted in three unexpected baths.  Later on Tuesday, I went downtown for a focus group that ended at 5:15.  I haven't had to drive in rush hour traffic in quite some time, and I sure don't miss it!  Tuesday culminated with a support group meeting at the Swedish NICU which ended up moving to a local bar.  Yummy!

Wednesday was relatively calm.

This morning I woke up to this:


Oh dear - here we go - let the rolling over begin.  Isabella has been about 90% of the way there for about 3 days.  I knew it was going to happen by the end of the week.  Now I'm worried about her getting stuck on her tummy.  A new adventure begins....

This afternoon Robin took half a day off (as he also did on Tuesday when I went to the focus group).  We took the girls for their 5 month check up.  They are doing fabulously and growing like the weeds in my yard.

Katherine: 12lbs 1oz; 23.75 inches



Margaret: 11lbs 4oz; 23.25 inches


Isabella: 11lbs 3oz; 23.25 inches


It's ironic that Isabella is now the smallest of the three girls AND she's the only one who can roll over.  Katherine isn't too far behind though.  I bet she'll roll over sometime next week.

I also had my last Love and Logic class tonight.  I'm going to miss going to that class, and I hope that the theory of parenting through empathy and consequences remains with me as the girls grow.

This evening ended with Isabella spitting up all over me - my shirt, my arm, my pants, the floor - everywhere!

I wonder what tomorrow will bring....

2 comments:

  1. Spitting or throwing up? As allergic to cow milk made my twins threw up in their sleep...
    How did you come to use the help of a chiropractor? Is it useful?

    ReplyDelete
  2. More like spitting up. She didn't burp, and that resulted in a big spit up. My good friend is a chiropractor, so she adjusts the girls at my house. I think it is useful.

    ReplyDelete