Friday, September 23, 2011

It's A Small (Blog) World

After the girls were born, I became obsessed with blogs - particularly blogs about triplets.  I wanted to know what others were dealing with and how they were dealing with it.  I found a blog called Multiples and More.  It's basically a central location for all bloggers with multiples (twins and HOM).  You can have your own multiples blog linked to the site - like mine is.

I spent hours upon hours reading blogs.  I found my favorites (not all of them are about triplets), and checked for updates every day.  Some are funny, some are insightful, some are just about triplets around the same age as my girls, some are authored by people I know and some are about children with special needs.  

There was one blog that really touched my heart - The Fisch Tank.  I immediately became a follower of the blog.  As time went on, I started to realize that the author lives in Colorado.  She would comment on the weather, the rocky mountains and locations in and around Denver.  Finally, after nearly 9 months of reading her blog, I sent her an email.  We emailed back and forth a few times, and then we became Facebook friends.  I have a general Facebook friend rule - I must have met you in person at least once to be your friend.  But, in this case, I made an exception.  As it turns out, we have a lot more in common than just living in Colorado.  She only lives a few miles from me, we went to the same college and our girls have had the same OT and PT.  A few weeks ago, I finally had the privilege of meeting her and her beautiful daughter, CiCi.

Hopefully someday we'll be able to get our entire families together.  She's a great person, and I'm so glad we have connected.

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet - I would like to get us all together too - but you know how it is, like getting the planets to align, but I'm sure it will happen one day. At least now you're not having Facebook friend rule regret, since at least you HAVE met me in person now! And I know, our blog isn't exactly the "normal" multiple blog - in fact, it's not really about multiples at all, but goes to show you how different families can be, even with things in common, and how "the same" families can be too.

    ReplyDelete