Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Escape From Baby Jail Part II

A wise mama told me to use zip ties to keep the baby gate from coming apart.  It worked like a charm.  I assumed the next step would be for them to climb over it.  Maggie, the instigator, had long ago figured out her little toes fit in the holes.  She's climbed up on it but not over it.  

Today, they outsmarted me again.  I didn't see it happen, so I'm not 100% sure what happened.  I did see them working as a team to try to break it apart - win for this mama.  They were laughing and working together; it was so cute.  I went downstairs to check e-mail, etc.  Suddenly I heard the same noises I heard when they were playing on the fireplace.  Sure enough, they were all on the fireplace again, but the baby gate was still intact.  I don't think all three of them could have climbed over it.  I honestly think they figured out they can go under it.  They were pulling so hard to get it apart.  I think they lifted it up and one went under.  I'm not sure how they managed to get all three of them under it.  I wish I had seen it.  Well, I guess that answered my question of - what's next?

Because of their escape, I brought them all downstairs to play.  They keep scraping their toys on the wall.  I keep telling them to stop.  After one warning, the toys are confiscated.  So what do they do?  They get a new toy, rub it on the wall and then hand it to me.  Little stinkers!  



1 comment: