Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sick on Easter

I'm sick.  Really sick.  It started as a cough.  Turned into a chest cold, and then it moved into my head.  I can't breathe, and there is so much pressure in my head, I think it might explode.  I'm cold.  I have a headache.  Basically, I'm miserable.

I'm so thankful that this sickness arrived on a weekend though.  Taking care of triplets is hard, and I'm glad Robin is here to help while I'm so sick.  I frequently think about the military wives and single moms of multiples.  I can't imagine not having someone there to help me.  Thank goodness Robin can take the lead with the girls this weekend.  Hopefully, I'll feel better by Monday.  We even cancelled Easter with my family tomorrow because my parents are going on vacation next week, and I don't want them to catch what I have and be miserable on their trip.

Yesterday, Robin was off work becuase his office celebrates Good Friday.  It was their first day off since New Year's.  Despite not feeling so hot, we decided to take the girls to Monkey Bizness.  What a mistake that was.  It was not really age appropraite.  Izzy-B threw up all over the floor and herself.  If I had been by myself (which I never would have attempted in the first place), it would have been the most miserable experience of my life.  We stayed there for about 30-45 minutes.  Then we took the girls to Chipotle for lunch.  After that we took the girls by my old office.  It was nice to see my co-workers.  Then it was home for nap.  After their nap, we took the girls to our favorite happy hour location, The Yard House, for drinks and appitizers with two friends.  It was fun.  The girls were really well behaved.  They had french fries for the first time.  Then we took the girls to Target for our weekly shopping trip. 

Today, we attended an event with my HOM group for Easter.  They had a pancake breakfast, pictures with the Easter bunny and an egg hunt.  It was cold and lightly snowing this morning, so we skipped the egg hunt.  It was way above the girls' heads anyway.  We did have some pancakes and sausage and took pictures with the Easter bunny that they had there.  The group hired a photographer, but Robin took his own shots.  He had to seriously crop them because there were kids (many sets of triplets) running around in the background.  It was chaotic. 

No wonder I'm feeling so miserable this afternoon.  I really pushed myself way too hard over the last two days. 

Here are some pictures of the girls in their Easter outfits at the party this morning.  I'm hoping to get some better shots.  My dad bought the girls these outfits.  They're so cute!  The socks are super cute - even though they don't really match.  They have the girls' initials on them (those are courtesy of my former co-worker Cherrie).  Izzy-B's outfit is the cutest of them all, and you can't see it at all.  Another day!











1 comment:

  1. LOL! That is one talented and patient Easter Bunny to sit through shots not just with a screaming baby but with three of them at the same time... Over and over again! I can't imagine....

    Love their outfits, so cute!

    ReplyDelete