Monday, April 11, 2011

The Helpful (or maybe just annoyed) Sister

Izzy-B has truly mastered the art of the temper tantrum.  I've blogged about this before.  She does not like to be told 'no.'  She screams and cries and continues to try to get her way. 

This afternoon, I was playing with the girls in their room.  They are not allowed to play in their room unsupervised because there are too many things in there that they can get into.  I was sitting on the floor in between two cribs so the girls couldn't get to the changing table and dresser.  Izzy-B was playing with the door, but she pushed it too hard and she couldn't get it open again (it wasn't closed all the way).  This caused a minor tantrum.  Then she set her sights on the changing area.  I, of course, would not let her through.  This caused a major tantrum.  She was crying so hard she couldn't breathe.  And her runny nose makes the whole thing even worse right now.  This went on and on for about 10-15 minutes.  Katie finally got the door open, and she was swinging it back and forth.  Suddenly, she left the room and went into the playroom (right outside their room).  I was surprised that she left.  She returned with Izzy-B's pacifier.  I laughed so hard.  It was so cute.  It was either - here sister, please feel better OR here sister, please shut up.  Personally, I think it was the latter.

1 comment:

  1. That's too funny! When one of my girls would throw a tantrum her sisters would immediately start looking for her blankie. I always imagined they were thinking "please shut up," too!

    ReplyDelete