Friday, October 1, 2010

Look mom - I'm sitting up!

My former co-worker and friend brought us dinner and was visiting with us tonight.  I have been working with Katherine trying to get her to sit, but she always falls over.  She has the best coordination of the three, and I thought she was just about ready for sitting.  My friend was holding Margaret, and I had Katherine.  I decided to plop Katherine down on the couch in a sitting position, and to my amazement she stayed there!  For a long time!




I called Robin and told him to bring the camera.  He then grabbed Isabella and sat her down across from Katherine.  Again, to my amazement, she sat there - for a long time!  They sat and stared at each other for awhile.  It was several minutes before they both fell over - at the same time! 






It was such an exciting day.  Margaret is not quite ready for sitting yet.  Both Katherine and Isabella, when on their stomachs, get up on their knees and rock back and forth.  It's only a matter of time before they start crawling.  YIKES!

I've been trying to get them to eat solid foods for awhile.  Yesterday the PT/OT helped me with a feeding.  She taught me so much.  They ate about 1oz each of bananas and oatmeal.  Today I gave them each about 1oz of sweet potatoes and oatmeal.  Yummy!

1 comment: