Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Pictures

In Colorado, you never know when the snow will begin to fly.  We've been known to have blizzards in early September.  So far this year - nothing!  That makes me nervous.  The mountains have just been hit hard, which is good.  All of this commentary leads me to the real reason for my post - fall pictures.  We've been debating when to take them.  Today I bought a pumpkin, the weather was nice and the leaves are falling.  What a perfect day for pictures.  I was afraid if we waited until next week, the lawn would be covered in snow.

The girls don't get outside too much.  It makes me sad, but it's a lot of work to get them ready to go out.  Next year, we will be out on the town a whole lot more than this year!  When we took them outside today, Katie just started laughing.  She laughed, and laughed and laughed.  It was so cute!


I'm excited that all three girls are able to sit up on their own (sorta).  It made setting up the pictures a lot easier. Maggie needed a little help - she used the pumpkin to lean on, but there is nothing propping them up from behind.

Here are some of my favorites:


















A great big thank you to my former co-worker and friend Kathy who bought the bibs for the girls.  And, a great big what were you thinking to my husband for putting Maggie behind the pumpkin stem.  I couldn't see how much it was blocking her face from where I was standing.  In his defense, he was trying to hide the blue bumbo, the girls were getting cold and I was nagging him to hurry up!

Update: I'm almost afraid to type this, as I fear I will jinx myself, but Izzy has been going to bed without any problems for a few weeks now.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. So precious!!! I love kiddie pics in the fall! yours are cute X 3!!

    ReplyDelete