Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3, 2009

Today, September 3, 2010, is the anniversary of finding out I was pregnant.  We had been trying since the end of January, which, to me, seemed like a long time.  On Thursday, September 3rd, I came home from work and took a pregnancy test.  It immediately showed I pregnant.  It was a store brand test, so I was nervous that it wasn't giving me accurate results (even though I had taken so many before that had all been negative), but I didn't have any more "juice" left in me to take another one right then.  I was so excited; I couldn't believe I was pregnant.

I had to work that night - I had to attend a board meeting 30 miles north of my house.  I went to the meeting, but I could barely pay attention because I was bursting with joy inside.  I didn't tell anyone.  Then, when I got home, I took another test (not a store brand this time) - just to be sure.  I then brought it down to show Robin.  We were both so excited.  I didn't know how far along I was - I assumed 4- 6 weeks, and it was going to be difficult to keep it a secret, but I was not going to tell anyone until I was at least 12 weeks along.  The next day I called to schedule an appoint with my OB/GYN.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment