Wednesday, September 15, 2010

7 Months

The girls are seven months old today.  As always we did a photo shoot.  I normally go to trivia with some friends on Wednesday nights, but the group fell apart tonight.  I really missed my margarita - but I got to cuddle with my Margaret instead!

Katherine:


Margaret:


Isabella:


The group:


In other news, the girls have started doing some new things.  I had all of them weaned off pacifiers.  When they were really small, we bought the WubbaNub pacifiers because the animal attached to the pacifier is supposed to help keep it in their mouth by acting as a weigh on their chest.  Fail!  Well, I kept the WubbaNubs in their cribs, and now that they are playing with toys more, I started giving them the WubbaNubs to play with.  It only took Margaret a few minutes to realize that there is a pacifier attached.  Now, she scoots around her crib, finds the WubbaNub and puts the pacifier in her mouth.  She's a very smart girl!

I also recently decided that the girls should have cuddly blankets.  I was looking on amazon.com for some that aren't too expensive, when I saw one that looked familiar.  It suddenly hit me that the Learning Curve had sent me three free loveys when the girls were born (they send Lumpy, Pooh and Tigger).  Thank you Learning Curve!  I couldn't remember where I stashed them, but it only took me a few minutes to find them.  The girls love them - especially Isabella.  I've gone in to check on her when she's asleep - I moved the lovey away from her, then when I go back to check on her again, she's still asleep but she's holding the lovey again.  Hmmmmm.

Isabella has been getting her knees up under her when she's on her belly, and then she rocks back and forth.  Uh oh - I hope this doesn't mean she's going to crawl soon!  She has mastered the backward crawl/scoot.  It's so cute.  She also loves being with her sisters, and she moves around just to be near them.  As I've said before, she will definitely be the cuddly one.

Against my better judgment, I gave the girls bananas yesterday.  I really wanted to stick with veggies first, but I've been so frustrated with the spoon feeding.  I decided that the sweetness of the bananas might get them to actually eat off the spoon.  It kinda worked.  They seem to like the bananas.  If I can get them excited about spoon feeding, I'm going straight back to the veggies! Katherine seems to get the concept.  Margaret gets really excited about the spoon, but then she can't figure out how to get the food off it.  It all ends up coming right back out.  So frustrating!  Isabella seems to have a big tongue (mental note - ask the pediatrician about this).  She can't really keep the food in her mouth either.

1 comment:

  1. That rocking back and forth DOES mean crawling is imminent! :) Don't fret too much about the bananas/spoon feeding. I did fruits first with both kids (they needed prunes to help ahem, unclog things) and they are good veggie eaters now. I used to sometimes mix fruit into the veggies to make it a little more palatable. They are gorgeous btw- in these pics, I think Katherine looks like both of you, Margaret looks like your hubby and Isabella looks like you!

    ReplyDelete