Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

A day to give thanks.  I have so much to be thankful for.  I have a loving husband, wonderful parents and the three most beautiful toddlers in the whole world (ok - so I might be a little biased on that one).  I have a roof over my head and we're all healthy.  What more could a girl ask for?

Normally I cook the turkey dinner, but this year my mom cooked the turkey, stuffing (from scratch), sweet potatoes and pies.  I made the mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (from scratch) and cookies.  Robin made the gravy.  The meal was so delicious and it was accompanied by a day of football.  For those of you who don't know, I love football - NFL, not college.  There were three great games on today.  I also love fantasy football.  In fact, I'm the commissioner of my league.  Go Broncos!

The adults ate "dinner" while the girls napped.  When the girls got up from their map, we played all afternoon.  The girls had their first ever Thanksgiving meal for dinner.  They all seemed to like it - for the most part.  Katie wasn't a fan of the stuffing, sweet potatoes or the pumpkin pie, and Maggie wasn't a fan of the sweet potatoes.  Izzie-B gobbled it all down.

Robin took a photo-journalistic approach to documenting our day.


Grandpa Jack reading to Katie; Izzie-B playing with my Barbie horse that my mom brought over today.  She held on to it for over an hour.








The girls like to wear capes.






Playing Ring Around the Rosie.








Please ignore the random things on the wall.  It's been 11 months since we moved in, but I haven't really decorated yet.


Thank you for the awesome plates, Kathy.  I just started using them, and the girls love them!





No comments:

Post a Comment