Sunday, November 13, 2011

Encounter with T.Rex

It's getting colder and colder here making it harder for us to do any outdoor activities - especially since I hate being cold.  On Saturday morning, we took the girls to the mall to play on the indoor playground.  They had so much fun.  The girls - especially Katie and Izzie-B - really like to watch the older kids play.  They'll follow them around and try to do what they do.  There was a small slide at the playground.  Both Katie and Izzie-B were able to climb up the slide.  Maggie just couldn't make it up.  It makes me sad when she can't quite keep up with her sisters.

Today was a free day at the Museum of Nature and Science.  We took the girls to the T-Rex experience.  I hope they don't have nightmares.  Katie was a little freaked out.  She cried.  It was loud.


Luckily, the lady let us take two photos since Katie turned her head at the last minute.


We wandered all around the museum.  I find it much easier to get the girls around in the double stroller.  Today, we reclined the back seat, which gave Izzie-B much more room it sit.  I'm not sure what the weight capacity of this stroller is (it was given to us by my former co-worker), but I hope it won't break anytime soon.  I love using it this way.  Izzie-B discovered she can look out the back.  I figure it's best to have her in the back because she weighs the least.




The girls played in the Discovery Kids Zone.









We also went to an exhibit about health - I can't remember what it was called.  They give you a card, and you can track your health as you go from station to station.  I learned something very valuable today.  I'm shorter than I thought I was.  There is one station where you stand against a wall (without shoes) and spread your arms out.  The computer measures your height and wing span.  I'm 5'7.5" tall and I have a wingspan of 5'6".  Robin is an even 6' tall.

In the afternoon, Robin took the girls to the park.  It was very cold - no way I was joining them.  The girls' little hands and noses were so cold when they got home.





Update on Maggie's MRI - the results were mixed - not normal, but not abnormal.  It's hard to explain.  The really good news is - there is no scarring from her brain bleed.  There is one area that was bright, but they are attributing it to increased myelination.  The report indicated that the area was brighter than they would have expected for her age - the abnormal part of the results.  After a long conversation with the doctor from the rehab clinic, he referred us to the neurology clinic.  Maggie has an appointment with a resident neurologist at the end of the month.  I also have an appointment to pick up her orthotics later this week.  I'm not convinced she needs them, but we'll see.  More to come on that topic later.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures, wonderful stories...
    I wasn't following the update for several postings, wondering about the brain bleed (how did you know, etc....I'll read more next time I log in). God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete