Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Weekend

I'm so behind on my blog!  I feel like I have so many stories to tell.  Maggie is continuing to master the removal of her sleep sack.  In fact, she can almost get it off when it's backwards.  I'll post some photos of this later.  Katie is really starting to express her likes and dislikes.  She's just like me, which is scary!  She's very opinionated.  The other morning, she wouldn't wear the polka dot pants, she'd only wear the grey ones.  I can't even imagine what she's going to be like as a teenager!

Back to Halloween.  The girls got to wear their costumes several times over the weekend.  Katie was a monkey, Maggie was a bumble bee and Izzie-B was a pumpkin.  I had also purchased a turtle costume, which was so cute, but it zipped up in the front and the girls wouldn't leave it on.  I learn new things to think about when purchasing new things all the time!  I bought all of the costumes used for less than $5 each.  It appears that the bee costume is missing something that goes on the head.  Oh well - it was still cute.  I chose the costumes based upon the tolerance level of each girl.  Katie LOVES accessories and hats.  She loved wearing the monkey hat.  Maggie doesn't really like to keep hats on, and she didn't like the pumpkin costume.  It all worked out perfectly!

On Saturday morning, we went to Trick-or-Treat Street at the Children's Museum.  The girls were a little apprehensive and we couldn't get them to follow us.  It was a frustrating experience.  That afternoon, we dressed them up again for more photos.  Our neighbors had a huge Halloween party on Saturday night.  I went as a diaper genie (lame, I know, but I'm not that into Halloween and it was a last minute costume).  Robin was Inspector Gadget.  He did a great job with his costume.  The girls, of course, skipped that one.  But they could definitely hear it.  Luckily, they all slept right through it.  I feel so blessed to have such good sleepers.  ::Knocking on wood::  On Monday morning, I took the girls - in costume - to my old office.  We stayed there for over an hour.  I really miss my former co-workers.  It was a such a great place to work. Robin's office is across the street from my old office (we used to carpool), so I also took the girls to his office.

We ended the long Halloween weekend with trick-or-treating on Monday night.  We didn't get any pictures though.  I was so impressed with the girls.  They *almost* got it.  They enjoyed taking candy from people and putting in their buckets.  We went to about 5 or 6 houses, but the girls walked a good two blocks.  They, for the most part, stayed together and followed us while carrying their buckets - in contrast to our experience at the museum.  I think they'll really enjoy Halloween next year!

This morning, I took Maggie to The Children's Hospital to get an MRI of her brain.  I don't know why I didn't take any photos.  She did really well.  They gave her laughing gas and IV Propofol.  I stayed with her until she was out, and then I had to go to the waiting room.  They give you a pager (like at a restaurant) that buzzes when the patient is finished.  The paperwork they gave me said they like to get the parents back to the room before the child wakes up.  Apparently, Maggie woke up very quickly.  She sat straight up and wouldn't lie back down.  She was quite awake and slightly drooling when I got to her room.  She was very hungry since she hadn't eaten for 16 hours, and she quickly polished off a bag of animal crackers and some apple juice.  After she ate, they let us go.  They put a sticker on her back with the anesthesia information on in just in case we got in an accident.  We won't have the results for a few days.

At the museum:










Photo shoot with dad:























No comments:

Post a Comment