Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhog Day

Seriously - how strange is the practice of relying on a groundhog to determine the fate of the weather?  Future civilizations will be laughing at us.  Or, maybe they'll think we worship groundhogs.  I still don't even understand how they know whether that poor groundhog saw his shadow or not.  Does he even know what a shadow is?

Anyway - my life sometimes feels like my own personal Groundhog Day.  The monotony can really get to me.  I'm a stickler about the girls' schedule.  Things MUST happen at a certain time, so, I guess, I am partially mostly to blame.  There are definitely surprises each day.  The girls interactions with one another, the things they "say" and do.  Those moments make my day - not in an Clint Eastwood kind of way.

I have to admit, having a house that is two stories is much more difficult than I imagined.  And, really our new house is 3 stories since we use the basement frequently (it's partially finished and serves as our office - and, of course, laundry).  I calculated the other day that I go up the stairs 28 times a day and down the stairs 28 times a day JUST IN MY CAPACITY AS A MOTHER TO THE GIRLS.  This doesn't count the numerous times I go down to the basement to check e-mail or Facebook or to do laundry.  This move is a definite, but welcome, workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment