Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fruit Test and Uh-Oh

The girls have never really liked fresh fruit.  They've eaten the Gerber pureed fruit, but never fresh fruit.  Recently, we went to a picnic for my HOM group.  The girls ate some strawberries and loved them.  I tasted them too, and of course they liked them because whoever made the dish covered them in sugar.  

Last week, I decided to try bananas again.  To my surprise, the girls all loved them.  Yesterday, I decided to try some new fruits.  I bought 4 pounds of pre-cut fruit from Costco, and this morning I tried all them.  There were: strawberries, grapes, blueberries (I didn't try this one yet), melons (I only tried the cantaloupe), mango and pineapple.  

Here's how it went:

Katie - ate everything I gave her - strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, mango and pineapple.
Maggie - ate strawberries and mango (strawberries were her favorite)
Izzie - ate grapes and mango (grapes were her favorite)

I guess the strawberries don't taste as good if they aren't covered in sugar.  I'm excited to try avocado again too.  That is one that they consistently rejected.

Maggie is a very finicky eater.  When she likes something, she'll stuff almost her whole meal in her mouth at once.  When she doesn't like something, she'll either chew it all up and spit it out or she'll try to put it on Katie's tray. 

Suddenly Katie has started to say "uh-oh."  I have no idea where she got it from.  Our speech therapist used it a few times.  I try to say "oops" instead because I want to reserve "uh-oh" for Love and Logic stuff.  Maybe my mom says it when she watches the girls.  Maybe I say it and I don't even realize it.  Katie doesn't really say it at the appropriate times, but it's so cute!

2 comments:

  1. Good.They can eat a fresh fruit.I hope avocado too.How about kiwi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hear it for the girls good taste. I agree with them; I never met an avocado that I liked.

    ReplyDelete