Sunday, August 21, 2011

BBQ

Our friends, Julie and Joe, hosted a BBQ at their house yesterday afternoon.  They have the most amazing set-up, and we had such a great time.  Thanks for hosting!!  I can't believe I've known Julie for 15 years.  We were roommates our freshman year of college.

It's so strange how parties have changed over the last 10 years.  Suddenly there are tons of kids everywhere.  A totally different dynamic, but still a great time.  I even had a few shots, which I haven't had in quite some time.  Chilled Patron goes down so smoothly!  The sangria was good too.  Of course, Robin was driving.

Julie even has a friend who is a triplet.  I really enjoyed talking to an adult triplet about her experiences.  She's also one of three girls.  Her 4yo daughter was obsessed with Izzie-B.  It was so cute.

Maggie also said her first word.  Someone brought their dog to the BBQ.  Maggie kept petting the dog and seemed quite interested in it.  Suddenly she did the (baby) sign for dog and said "dog."  Robin and I were both right there, and we couldn't believe it.












Joe's dad, Papa Joe, holding Izzie-B and Katie.  Izzie-B was his best friend.  He was going to hold all three girls, but Maggie wasn't having it.











1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that Maggie said her first word! It was great seeing you and your beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete