Monday, May 16, 2011

Fifteen Months

I know many of you have been waiting for an update on the girls.  I've had so many things that I've wanted to write about, but I just haven't found the time! 

Here is a quick summary:  Katie is nearly a full time walker.  Izzy-B is still just taking a few steps at a time, and, of course, little miss Maggie still can't stand without holding on something.  She keeps trying, and she's getting better at it.  She's finally standing flat-footed more often, which makes me feel so much better about her development.  Last week, I took the girls to Costco by myself.  It wasn't so bad.  It's hard to shop with a baby strapped to your chest, but I really appreciate that Costco has room for two kiddos in their carts.  We finally finished the basement project, which is allowing us to make room in the finished part of the basement for another playroom for the girls.  I'm really excited to finish that, but we need to buy another long fence with a gate to keep them from getting to the computer.  There's lots of babbling going on, but I'm not convinced that there are any real words yet.  Possibly some mama and dada, but I'm just not sure.  Yesterday Maggie started making "esss" and "thaa" sounds.  They can follow some directions, like clap and wave.  They can also identify someone else's nose and their own ears.  Maggie also pointed to her toes for me a couple of times.  Lastly, Maggie is a super duper climber.  She is incredibly strong, and she can climb onto the couch by herself.  Her foot has to nearly be as high as her head for her to accomplish this.  She is quite flexible too!

Anyway - I plan on being more diligent about posting.  I would ideally like to post everyday.  I'm sure there will soon be lots of funny and cute stories for me to share as they begin to talk and walk.

This morning the girls had their fifteen month check-up.  They're doing really well.  They haven't been in for a sick visit even once!  *knock on wood*  Maggie had to have a nebulizer treatment today. We brought a machine home to continue treatments for a couple of weeks.  The doctor could hear some wheezing in her chest, which we assume is a carryover from the cold her had a couple of weeks ago.  He thinks it will go away on its own, but he recommended that we go ahead and do the treatments.

We did their 15 month photos yesterday.  It was such a difficult photo shoot.  There's no way I could do that every month!  Izzy-B was the most difficult; I'm surprised we got any decent pictures of her.  She would NOT stand-up.  The group shot was nearly impossible.  We dressed them in their Easter clothes since I didn't get any good photos of them on Easter.  Grandpa Jack bought the girls these clothes. 

Katie:

Weight - 21lbs 2oz - 25%
Height - 30in - 30%
Head - 46.1cm - 50%
Teeth - Three on the bottom; four on top
Clothes - 12mo

Maggie:
Weight - 20lbs 10oz - 17%
Height - 30.25in - 50%
Head - 45cm - 25%
Teeth - Two on the bottom; four on top
Clothes - 12mo

Izzy-B:
Weight - 19bs 2oz - 5% - still my little peanut
Height - 29.5in - 25%
Head - 46.1cm - 50%
Teeth - Two on the bottom; four on top
Clothes - 12mo
















No comments:

Post a Comment